A. CONTRACTUAL CONDITIONS
Due to the situation caused by the pandemic, many of our Offices will remain closed with no provision for opening for the moment.
If you want to pick up a vehicle in one of our centers, prior reservation, and it remains closed, your reservation could cause an additional cost. We will communicate the extra costs in the comments of the reservation.
- Free airport service. Pick up your vehicle directly from the fourth floor of the Airport´s carpark without transfers or waiting.
- Car category guaranteed:
- When making your booking you should choose the category of the car you want to hire, and we will provide you with one of the models in the category required and confirmed. In the event that there are no vehicles available in the category you have booked, VANRELL will provide you with a model that is similar or from a higher category at no extra cost.
- It is important to take into account that the images on our website are illustrative.
- Customers wishing to rent a car must be over 21 years old and have had a driver´s license for at least 2 years.
- Under no circumstances may you take your rental vehicle off Mallorca or ship it using any type of maritime transport. See section E. A valid driving license and identity document / passport must be presented when picking up the car.
- Privacy and data security guarantee. VANRELL respects the privacy of its customers and for this reason does not sell or disclose confidential information to third parties.
- Payments in cash are accepted, however, there are some exceptions.
- All prices include VAT.
- It is a mandatory requirement to have the rental contract in the vehicle at all times.
- According to legal regulations, it is mandatory to leave the rental data visible on the dashboard. These need to include: model of the car, registration number, rental period and the accommodation place in Mallorca. In the event of not being visible, the client must assume the possible fine and the correspondent management fee.
- Any complaints must always be reported within 24 hours after taking over the vehicle. Claims made after this period are not going to be considered.
- The translations offered of these conditions are merely informative and do not have any legal character. Only the conditions offered in Spanish have legal force.
- By signing the rental contract, the hirer authorizes the Company to charge for circumstances like: traffic fines, police tow truck, damages not covered by the insurance, missing car parts, prolongations, out of hours’ surcharge, petrol (see section D) damages occurred to the vehicle and to third parties because of alcohol influence, drugs, negligent driving or damages caused by an unauthorized driver, etc.
- No amount will be refunded in the event of returning the car before the ending of the contract.
- It is completely forbidden smoking in the cars. See section E.
B. INSURANCE POLICY
VANRELL does not require customers to pay a deposit except in the case of the vehicles corresponding to GROUP 6.
When signing the rental agreement, you can choose to take out VANRELL COMFORT* additional insurance cover (not obligatory). It covers the following:
* Insurance valid for Groups 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
**In case of puncture, the customer must change the tire. If you require assistance, the mileage will be charged.
VANRELL COMFORT rates:
In the event of not taking the optional insurance VANRELL COMFORT the máximum excess will be (*):
*These excesses will also be valid in the event of a negligence, even if the VANRELL COMFORT has been taken.
-Any category not expressly mentioned will be affected by the conditions of the group to which it corresponds alphabetically.
-At no time are the following included:
oDamage to the vehicle or to third parties due to negligent driving, driving under the effect of alcohol or drugs, and/or reckless driving.
oDamage caused by driving over roads in bad condition.
oFilling the car up with the wrong fuel.
oKey loss or damage.
oDamage to the car locks or interior of the vehicle.
oDamage caused by theft or attempted theft.
oDamage to the underside of the car.
oDamage caused by incorrect clutch use.
oDamage, loss or theft of the vehicle´s accessories (such as the antenna, jack, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, boot tray, triangles, GPS, jackets, child car seats etc.) or of your personal belongings.
-VANRELL does not accept any responsibility for any possessions that you may leave behind in the vehicle.
-If you decide not to take out the optional VANRELL COMFORT insurance, you will not be entitled to a replacement rental vehicle in the event that the car you are driving becomes unusable due to an accident where you are at fault, nor will you be entitled to a refund.
-The customer will pay the costs of any damage which is not covered by the insurance policy and is due to irresponsible, dangerous and/or negligent driving.
-In order for the insurance cover to be valid, customers must comply with all the conditions given in the car rental agreement. This includes the condition that in the event of an accident a customer must present the accident statement or police accident report within a maximum of 24 hours, starting from when the incident occurred.
-If a customer has taken out insurance with another insurance broker, this in no way implies that they are covered by VANRELL. Consequently, the customer is solely responsible for claiming reimbursement for damages from the insurance broker.
-The vehicle must only be driven by the person or persons that appear in the rental contract. Failure to comply with this condition will entail legal measures being taken by the Company. These legal measures will also entail the payment of the entirety of the damages in the event of an accident.
C. SUPPLEMENTS AND ADDITIONAL ITEMS
-Car child seats:
Car child seat Group 0 / Maxi-Cosi baby car seat type (0 - 13 kg): 5€ / day – Max. 60€
Car child seat Group 1/2 (9-18 kg; 9 months - 4 years): 5€ / day – Max. 60€
Elevators (18-36 kg; 4 - 12 years): 4€ / day – Max. 60€
-Car child seats with ISOFIX:
KLIPPAN KISS 2 PLUS: Group 0 / I (0-18 kg): from 14€ / day
KLIPPAN TRIOFIX RECLINE: Group I / II / III (9 – 36 kg / 135 cm): from 14€ / day
KLIPPAN BOOSTER “WEGO”: Group II / III (15 – 36 kg / 150 cm) from 14€ / day
-Additional drivers (max. 2 additional drivers per rental agreement): from 3€ / day / driver. See the supplement according to the selected category.
-Young drivers (younger than 25 years old): 5€ / day – Max. 100€ / month.
Payment by credit card is required.
-Drivers younger than 25 years old can only rent cars of the Group 1.
-Drivers older than 70 years old: no additional charge
-Navigator / GPS: 4€ / day – Max. 60€.
-Out of hours’ surcharges: there are no fees for picking up or returning a vehicle from 8:00h to 21:59h at any time of the year.
If you pick up or drop off your car at any other time the following charges are applicable:
o Early morning pickup (6:00 – 7:59): 30€
o Late evening pickup (22:00 – 23:30): 30€
o Late night pickup (23:31 – 5:59): 50€
o Late evening return (22:00 – 1:00): 15€
o Late night/early morning return (1:01 – 7:59): 20€
o Return before the expected time and with no previous notice: 20€
-The client is responsible of paying the corresponding hourly supplement in case the flight suffers any delay and it implies a pick up after 22:00h. In the same way, an additional supplement will also be charged when the vehicle is dropped off before 08:00h without prior notice.
-Airport carpark ticket: Max. 10€
D. PETROL POLICY
We do not charge for petrol. Instead, we deliver the car to you with a certain amount of petrol, and you should return it to us with the same level of fuel.
If you are unable to fill up the tank and then you return the vehicle to us with less petrol than you started with, you should inform the company representative before leaving the airport, and pay the corresponding amount.
-In the event of mechanical breakdown or failure due to misfuelling, you are responsible for paying the costs of emptying the tank, refuelling with the right petrol, repairing any mechanical breakdown or failure, and the return trip travel expenses, 0.50€ per kilometre, of our staff, if they are required.
E. MILEAGE AND OTHER FEES:
-Unlimited mileage. With the exception of the vehicles of the group 6.
-Fine management fee: 49.90€ for each fine. This does not include the payment of the fines.
-Returning car excessively dirty: 90€
-Loss or damage to GPS: 120€
-Loss or damage to child seats: 90€
-Loss or damage to KLIPPAN child seats: 300€
-Returning the vehicle to the wrong location (60€), or abandoning it (120€).
-Breakdown assistance that is not covered: 0.50€ / km round trip.
-Penalty for taking the car out of the island: 950€
-Tow truck (return trip):
-0 – 25 km: 80€
-26 – 50 km: 110€
-51 – 100 km: 180€
-101 – 150 km: 240€
F. OFFICE HOURS
- Check our office hours here
- We accept bookings 24 hours, 365 days of the year. If you book a car to be picked up between 22.00h. and 6:00h. you will need to give us a valid telephone number and flight number so that we can confirm the booking. The booking will also need to be paid in advance by credit card.
G. PICKING UP AND DROPPING OFF YOUR CAR
-Instructions for picking up your rental vehicle
Leave the arrivals terminal by the exit in front of the meeting point, then follow the signs to public parking. When you reach the carpark go up to the 4th floor. At the 4th floor of the public parking you must follow the signs ‘Facturación / Check-in / Salidas / Departures” and cross the red door, you will enter a big hall where our staff is waiting for you.
You can pay the airport parking ticket at the automatic pay machines in the carpark, either in cash or by credit card. The maximum amount you will have to pay for the airport parking is 10 euros.
-Instructions for returning your rental vehicle
Return the car to the 3rd floor of the airport public carpark, in sector G – H, which is usually the same place where you picked it up from at the start of the rental period. Once there, open the boot, lock the car and put the keys and the ticket of the parking inside the boot, then close it.
Please do not worry about this, as our agents will take the car in a short period of time.
Make sure you do not leave any of your personal belongings in the car. VANRELL accepts no responsibility for any possessions you may leave behind.
-In order to reach the parking area assigned to VANRELL on the third floor of the airport carpark, you should follow the signs for TERMINAL / LLEGADAS and not those for CAR RENTAL RETURNS.
Returning a car to another location:
You must return the car to the office where you made the booking. If you want to return the car to a different location on the island, you should consult with our staff beforehand, and pay any applicable transfer fees.
The return of the car will always be done by parking the car in a place where parking is allowed. If this term is breached and the car receives any fine for erroneous parking (such as ORA zone, parking on yellow lines, etc.) this will always be the responsibility of the client who parked the car, no matter if the date of the fine is after the completion of the rental contract.
Picking up and returning your car to another location
*Serra de Tramuntana: Andratx, Estellencs, Puigpunyent, Valldemossa, Esporles, Fornalutx, Deià y Soller.
H. CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOW
-For the vehicles of the groups 1 and 2:
If you cancel your booking by sending an email to email@example.com at least 48 hours before the pickup time given in the booking, you will not have to pay any cancellation charges.
If you cancel less than 48 hours before the pickup time you will have to pay a cancellation charge of 30€.
If you have not picked up your vehicle during the 3 hours following the pickup time given in the booking, the rental company will consider the booking to be a no-show and will be entitled to rent the vehicle out again. Cancellations that are received less than 2 hours before the pickup time will also be considered to be no- shows.
No-shows and customers who cancel less than 2 hours before the pickup time have to pay the full booking price in order to cover the company’s operating costs and loss of earnings.
-For the vehicles of the groups 3, 4, 5 and 6:
The cancellations with prior notice lower than 15 days will entitle the payment of the 50% of the booking.
The cancellations received in a period of time lower than 24 hours will entitle the payment of the 100% of the booking.
If you have not picked up your vehicle during the 3 hours following the pickup time given in the booking, the rental company will consider the booking to be a no-show and will be entitled to rent the vehicle out again.
No-shows and customers who cancel less than 24 hours before the pickup time have to pay the full booking price in order to cover the company´s operating costs and loss of earnings.
Not responding to the comments included in the confirmation of the reservation, or to the emails requiring any additional information or confirmation may result in the cancellation of the reservation without further notice.
Rental car bookings may be extended, subject to availability and price confirmation by the company. In this case you must sign a new contract at the company´s offices, and pay the price set.